Wednesday, July 11, 2007

One Job the British Won't Do

I think I am pretty good at putting two and two together.

Just watch me:

Eight of the terror suspects in Britain's latest scare are doctors.

+

Britain has had its National Health Services, i.e., government-run health care, for sixty years.

=

Government health care played a role in opening up Britain to terrorists.

Now I knew this was the case last week, but couldn't find any source other than myself to corraborate it. Who would believe me?

Now I have found commentator Mark Steyn and the New York Sun.

It turns out that (egads!) since the inception of nationalized health care, being a doctor is not such an attractive option for the British, so they have to import them.

That's right, in America we can't get Americans to pick our fruits; in Britain, they can't get the British to diagnose flus.

Steyn writes that 40% of Britain's doctors were trained elsewhere. With such an aversion to working in medicine among the locals, the authorities pretty much have to go begging.

Good God, look what the cat drug in! So you know where this is going, right? Two of the London bombers were brought in to solve the doctor shortage and were given fast-track immigration, not even needing a work permit!

That, my friends, is how national health care in Britain has contributed to the country's terror problem. But don't take my word for it, go read the Steyn article yourself!

No comments: