Thursday, July 12, 2007

Like a Gold Ring in a Pig's Snout


If you can't do anything right, hire a marketing firm--that's what Pittsburgh Public Schools is doing.

Oops, sorry, make that Pittsburgh Schools because the marketing consultant thought they could improve their image by ditching the word public.

This is just wrong.

First of all, if I were a tax-paying resident of Pennsylvania, I would be outraged that my money was going toward mere window dressing instead of actual academic needs.

Second of all, if students weren't educated in an appropriate manner, maybe they should drop the word school.

2 comments:

Laura said...

LOL -- what a story! A PR firm?!

The lack of wise spending reminds me just a bit of the San Juan Capistrano district which spent mega millions on a new administration center for themselves while leaving kids all over the district in run-down portables.

Best wishes, Laura

UGN said...

I should make a list of all the ways my district wastes money while crying they don't have enough money. Thanks for dropping by!