Monday, July 16, 2007

TV on TV and in the Movies


Once my mind gets latched onto something, I seldom let go of it.

Just like some people get hung up on the proper way to hang a toilet paper roll or squeeze a tube of toothpaste, I have my pet peeves.

One of them involves the way television is used on television or in movies.

Why is it that every time there is a scene with people watching TV, they ALWAYS turn it off after the point where they see something or hear something that is part of the plot?

This just isn't the way it happens in real life. If you see something that you have been waiting for on the news, you don't turn it off before discussing it. Go ahead, pay attention and you will see that in any scene where what's on TV plays a part, they turn it off right away.

I know, there are times when the TV is on in the background of a scene, but if someone gets upset about something on the tube, they always turn it off and vent; they never keep it on.

For as long as I can remember, I have had that question. My wife knows that I am going to ask it every time we see a movie and it happens. I'm annoying that way.

Any theories?

No comments: